Cleansing is the first basic step of skin care routine. But in winters make sure to use a cream based cleanser for hydration.
2. Hydrate your skin by adding an additional heavy/oil based moisturiser
Using a daily moisturizer that contains ingredients such as vitamin E, shea butter or any other natural moisturizing element will keep your skin from feeling the effects of winter. These natural ingredients are among the least expensive on the market and they help preserve moisture all day long since they are made up of the essential fatty acids our bodies need.
3. Go Natural – Coconut Oil
Try using coconut oil, honey and Abe to soften up your skin. These 100 percent natural products will leave your skin feeling soft and smooth.
4. Apply a hydrating night cream for the face
If you have uncomfortably dry skin, you may want to consider using a targeted night cream for your face. Night creams are made with reparative and regenerating ingredients, like avocado oil, that penetrate the skin slowly while you sleep and moisturize deep down below the surface for lasting moisture the next day.
5. Use a gentle exfoliater every day
Exfoliating your skin regularly is an effective way to rid the skin of dead cells, which tend to be dry and coarse. Plus, it allows moisturizer to penetrate the skin better. Exfoliation promotes cellular renewal by allowing new, moist skin cells to surface. The new cells are deeply penetrated with moisture so they will help keep your skin hydrated longer.
6. Avoid long hot showers and baths to reduce skin dryness
To reduce skin dryness, avoid frequent and long hot showers and baths. Try to keep exposure to water less than 5 minutes per day and always apply a body moisturiser to damp skin.
7. Apply sunscreen daily
Just because the sun isn’t shining doesn’t mean you’re not getting harmful UV radiation. Apply sunscreen daily to all exposed parts.
8. Avoid Acne Treatments
Your skin may not be able to handle acne medications or other tropical treatments during the winter because they tend to be very drying.
9. Do not forget about your lips
Your lips are the only part of your skin that doesn’t have oil glands or pores. That tends to make them very dry in winters. Be sure to use a lip balm regularly, or for home made treatment you can also apply desi ghee once in a while on your lips.
PRODUCTS WE RECOMMEND
- This ultra hydrating product is highly recommended for dry intolerant and sensitive skin types. Its formula concentrated in La Roche-Posay thermal spring water soothes the tight, burning, pulling sensations found in intolerant skin.
- Its creamy texture, enriched in lipid-replenishing shea butter, intensely nourishes the skin and restores comfort. Strict formula charter, with a minimum number of ingredients to limit allergy risks. Fragrance-free, preservative-free, paraben-free. Non-comedogenic.
- Apply it as a moisturiser on face morning and evening.
- Broad spectrum UV technology helps against sun damage and pre mature anti ageing
- Includes Vitamin E: A well known antioxidant that conditions skin and helps protect against free radical damage.
- Preferred for all skin types
- A face serum that focusses on intensive nutrition for facial skin needing special care and attention during winters
- This feather-light formula is enriched with lactic acid, renowned for their effective hydrating abilities, to add and preserve moisture.
- The natural mineral content of dead sea salt inbues the skin with much-needed nourishment, capped off by allantoin, as it promotes cell healing and regeneration.
- Apply daily to cleansed facial skin and gently massage until it fully absorbs into the skin.
- Ideal cream for night care routine which hydrates your skin along with melanin re building properties.
- The range employs metabolic whitening with powerful active ingredients that work in harmony with each other that provides three dimensional fairness – flawless, luminous and radiant skin.
- Apply every night within your whitening skin care routine. Avoid eye area. Works as a great sleeping mask.
- Great moisturiser for all skin types
- Milk like texture of the moisturizer leaves your skin feeling fresh like a baby.
- Apply it twice a day, morning and evening.
- Night Cream for all purposes
- Provides moisturising properties along with skin tightening.
- Great anti ageing cream to start using in your later 20’s